2018-19 Returning Students
In order to be eligible to receive financial aid at the University of New Haven for the 2018-2019 academic year all applicants must have applied, been officially accepted and matriculated for admission, and be enrolled in a degree program. All financial aid applicants must be in good academic standing. Previous financial aid recipients must also be making satisfactory academic progress in order to be considered for most financial aid programs, students must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis. Refer to the university catalog for detailed information.
1. Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2018-2019 FAFSA is available beginning October 1, 2017.
- The FAFSA is required of all applicants for financial aid.
- List the University of New Haven school code 001397 on the FAFSA.
- *Priority Filing Date: January 1, 2018
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Process to complete the income information sections.
2. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Your SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA.
- It indicates if there are any errors or issues you must resolve.
- Will indicate if you are selected for a processed called Verification (see #4).
3. Students selected for Verification Delays in receipt of the following information almost always delays in the processing and disbursing of your financial aid. As a result, late fees and holds may be placed on your account so its important that you pay close attention to the information you receive from our office.
Must provide to the Financial Aid Office additional documentation that will be made available to students on the online financial aid system. *Additional Documentation Due: March 1, 2018.
Students’ families who choose to not use or who are not able to use the IRS Data Retrieval process to complete or correct their FAFSA MUST provide a copy of the student and parent 2016 IRS TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT, if a 2016 federal tax return was filed with the IRS. A TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT is available from the IRS (copies of tax returns are NOTacceptable).
- Must submit to the Financial Aid Office a 2018-2019 Verification Worksheet.
*Continuing students MUST be registered for the upcoming semester before their eligibility for Financial Aid can be determined. Application materials completed after the priority dates listed above and/or students registering after the scheduled registration periods in April and November, will be considered on a rolling basis depending upon the availability of funds. Applications must be received,notpostmarked, by the deadline dates.
NOTE: Once you have completed your financial aid application and it is reviewed, additional forms and documents may be requested. If you receive financial assistance or scholarships (excluding student loans) from an outside source for the 2018-2019 academic year, you must notify the Financial Aid Office. Financial Aid applications must be completed and loan applications certified prior to the last day of the term for which you are seeking aid.