Important information for Advanced Payment for Veterans.
Click here to see our Military Leave Policy.
Certification of veterans educational benefits is a service provided by the Office of the University Registrar. The certification official's office is located in Bergami Hall. The office serves as a liaison between the University of New Haven student veterans and the DVA Office to process VA forms for DVA educational benefits, advise student veterans about certain procedural requirements, and certify enrollment of the University of New Haven student veterans to the DVA.
DVA and the Registrar's Veterans Affairs Office at the University of New Haven closely monitor each student veteran's enrollment status and academic program.
Student veterans at the University of New Haven have the following responsibilities:
- Contact the VA Benefits Certification Official each term for re-certification;
- Register only for courses that are required for completion of your declared degree;
- Do not register for courses for which you have previously received a passing grade/credit (even if taken at another institution);
- Notify the VA Benefits Certification Official if you:
- change your declared major
- change course load
- withdraw from classes
- do not enroll for a term for which you are certified
- change your address
- have depleted your VA educational benefits
For more information on how to apply for VA benefits, or how to transfer your existing VA benefits to the University of New Haven, or eligibility and payment questions, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office at:
Department of Veterans Affairs
P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, N.Y. 14240-4616
If you have questions or concerns, you may contact the Veterans Certifying Official, John Casarella, during office hours - Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m., via: