Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Bursar's Office Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost to attend UNH?
For a list of tuition and fees, please review the information listed on our Schedule of Tuiton and Fees page.

How are bills sent?
The University of New Haven has implemented ePay for the official electronic distribution of tuition bills to students. Learn more about ePay here.

What happens if my payment is late?
If your balance is not paid on time, the Bursar's Office will place a hold on your account. If you have not  registered yet, a hold will prevent you from signing up for the next semester's classes. If you have already registered but have a hold on your account, you will not be able to make schedule changes. You will also be unable to receive university services such as transcripts.

If I drop a class now, how much of the tuition cost will be refunded?
Please refer to the charts at the bottom of our Refund Policy page.

There is an overpayment of tuition on my account, what happens to those funds?
If the credit on your account is from a payment by credit card, please contact the Bursar's Office in order to have the credit card refunded.

If the credit is from a personal check or cash, please contact the Bursar's Office in order to have a refund check issued.

If the credit is from a student loan, refunds will be issued automatically. 

In all cases, please refer to our Refund Policy page for an explanation of our refund guidelines. 

How do I obtain a copy of my transcripts?
Transcript requests should be submitted to the Registrar's Office. Further information and the Transcript Request Form can be found here

What do I do if I need a new Campus Card?
If your card is lost, report the loss to the Campus Card Office in the Campus Bookstore. T
he charge to replace a lost card is $10 and payment can be made at the Bursar’s Office (Maxcy Hall 109). Bring your receipt to the Campus Card Office to receive your new card. Your card should be treated as a debit card- if you lose secure possession of the card, report it immediately. The university is not responsible for funds lost as a result of the loss of your card.

Whom do I call regarding:
Verification of enrollment, Registration questions, Schedule issues
Registrar's Office - Undergrad: 203.932.7301, Grad: 203.932.7308

Status of Financial Aid, Financial Aid Award Letter, Graduate Assistantship
Financial Aid - 203.932.7315

Parking permits and charges
Campus Police - 203.932.7013

Campus Card technical problems
Campus Card Office - 203.932.8324, option 3

Missing Athletic Equipment charges
Athletics Department
- 203.932.7019

Room damage charges, Room availability, Questions regarding housing
Residential Life - 203.932.7076