Tow Youth Justice Institute Events
The Tow Youth Justice Institute hosts and co-sponsors many events throughout the year in order to spread awareness of youth justice issues and create more opportunities for reform.
Past Student Event
Color of Justice Revisited Program
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Bartels Hall, Alumni Lounge
Students watched the Color of Justice Revisited and discussed their reactions to the documentary which addresses racial and ethnic disparities in the juvenile justice system. Experts in the field of Juvenile Justice facilitated conversations and addressed questions. Students’ thoughts for action will be published in a Tow Youth Justice Institute publication as a follow-up to the event.
- Christine Rapillo, Chief Public Defender, Office of the Chief Public Defender
- Francis Carino, Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney for Juvenile Matters, Office of the Chief State's Attorney
- Mike Lawlor, Under Secretary Office of Policy and Management, University of New Haven Faculty
- Leon Smith, JD, Director, Racial Justice Project, Center for Children's Advocacy
- Christina Quaranta, Director of Policy and Community Connections, CT Juvenile Justice Alliance
- Justice Advisors, CT Juvenile Justice Alliance
- Capt. Chris McKee, Suffield Police Dept.
- Officer Vince O'Banner, University of New Haven Police Dept.
- Asia (Hutchins) Ly Nhavatong, OPM/JJAC - University of New Haven 2017 Alumni
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Juvenile Justice Policy and Oversight Committee MeetingLegislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Ave, Hartford, Connecticut 06106