What is Direct Deposit?
Direct deposit is a safe and easy way to have your money deposited directly into your checking or savings account. When you use direct deposit, you allow payroll to electronically transfer a fixed dollar amount or net check into your bank account.
Why use Direct Deposit?
- It's convenient - No more standing in line at the bank to cash your check
- It's safe - No more lost. stolen, or misplaced checks to worry about
- It's reliable - Your check is generally deposited the morning of payday
- You can still access your paycheck, even if you're out of town, sick, or busy
- It helps you manage your money - You can have your paycheck deposited into your savings and checking accounts.
How do I use Direct Deposit?
The direct deposit form can be requested from the Payroll Office.
To download the form, click -------> UNH Direct Deposit Form
Complete your bank's transit routing number and account number, sign and return to the Payroll Office. It's a very simple process to get started. Your banking information will test for 1 actual pay before becoming effective. Once your direct deposit is active, a direct deposit statement will be sent to your UNH email account each payday which details your gross pay, associated deductions and the net amount deposited to your bank account(s) .