What is Direct Deposit?
Direct deposit is a safe and easy way to have your money deposited directly into your checking or savings account. When you use direct deposit, you allow payroll to electronically transfer a fixed dollar amount or net check into your bank account.
Why use Direct Deposit?
- It's convenient - No more standing in line at the bank to cash your check
- It's safe - No more lost. stolen, or misplaced checks to worry about
- It's reliable - Your check is generally deposited the morning of payday
- You can still access your paycheck, even if you're out of town, sick, or busy
- It helps you manage your money - You can have your paycheck deposited into up to three accounts, a choice of 2 savings and 2 checking accounts. Students and adjuncts are limited to one direct deposit only.
How do I use Direct Deposit?
Direct deposit forms can be requested from the Payroll Office, or can be downloaded using the links below. Complete your bank's transit routing number and account number, sign and return to the Payroll Office. Please call your bank to confirm the routing and account numbers. It's a very simple process to get started. Once your direct deposit is active, you will receive a direct deposit statement that details your gross pay, associated deductions and the net amount deposited to your bank account(s) to your UNH email account each payday.