FortiMail is the University of New Haven SPAM blocking service that protects your email.
This user guide will introduce you to the features and capabilities built into FortiMail to manage your quarantine.
FortiMail will send a Daily Quarantine Email every day at 3:00 p.m. This email will show you the date that an email was received, the email address it was from, the subject line and a choice of Web Actions.
- Release: Choosing this option will tell FortiMail to send that email to your Inbox.
- Delete: Choosing this option will tell FortiMail to delete the email.
Note: Emails will auto delete from the quarantine after 30 days.
Accessing the Quarantine
There may be occasions when you want to look in your Quarantine and release an email manually. You can do that in the following way:
- Browse to https://spamquarantine.newhaven.edu
- Login using your UNH network username and password.
If the username or password is incorrect, a "Login failed. Please "try again" message will appear.
- Click "Login" to log in to the quarantine.
Working with Quarantined Messages
Once logged in you will see a list of the email messages that are currently in the quarantine. The default is to show 25 records per page, you may need to cycle through the pages to see all of your quarantined email messages. Below is what the list will look like:
- Double-click any message to view it. It will open in a separate window.
- To Release an email and allow it to go to your Inbox, double-click the message and click the "Release" button – see below for an example.
- You can also select multiple messages to release by holding the Control (or Apple Command) and selecting each message, then click "Release" on the menu bar.
Whitelist / Blacklist Senders
- You can right-click any message in your Quarantine and choose to White List or Black List the sender. White Listing a sender will prevent it from being blocked in the future, while Blacklisting will auto-reject those senders and they won’t display in your quarantine.
- You can edit your Black/White Lists under "Preferences" from the quarantine screen.