The Office of International and Experiential Learning coordinates arrival and departure flights for students spending a semester at the Tuscany Campus. All students arrive and depart on the same flight. While the Office will book the flights and send you your reservation numbers, you will be responsible for the cost of your flights.
Upon your arrival in Italy, Prato staff will meet you at the airport and provide transportation for you and your luggage to your housing location if you are on that group flight. Please note that you will not be picked up at the airport by Prato staff if you choose to arrive at a different time than the group flight. The same return service is provided on departure day. Once you’ve arrived, Prato staff can help if you are having any problems with lost luggage.
In the two days after their arrival in Prato, students attend a number of mandatory orientation activities run by Prato staff. During these activities, aimed at helping students settle into the city, we discuss the following topics:
- Program Structure and Facilities
- Housing Tips and Policies
- Meal Plan
- Local, National and International Transport
- Permesso di Soggiorno (Permit to Stay) Immigration Processing
- Culture Shock and Intercultural Competence
- Health, Safety and Emergencies Protocol
The Orientation schedule also features a series of social activities so that students can get to know the area and one another:
- Prato City Walking Tour
- UNH Prato Group Welcome Dinner
- Half-Day Walking Tour of Florence
- UNH Prato Group Dinner in Florence in the Cathedral square