- Creates and disseminates resources to benefit faculty, students, staff, and community partners.
- Improves campus-community awareness of Academic Service-Learning.
- Cultivates the partnership between UNH and CT Campus Compact by serving as the UNH representative at statewide meetings and serves on its strategic planning committee.
- Collects and maintains information on service-learning courses and community partnerships.
- Conducts site visits to ensure partnerships are based on mutuality and reciprocity.
- Hosts campus-community partnership events to promote and expand relationships.
- Creates and conducts seminars and workshops to assist faculty in incorporating service-learning into an academic course.
- Works one-on-one with faculty on service-learning course construction.
- Facilitates partnerships between nonprofit agencies and faculty to form campus-community partnerships.
- Convenes the Academic Service-Learning Advisory Board.
- Assesses impact of service-learning on students.
- Applies for grants to support our service-learning initiative.
- Hosts an AmeriCorps*VISTA volunteer.
- Recognizes student learning through Academic Service-Learning Award and agency contribution through Campus-Community Partnership Award.
- Nominates UNH faculty and staff for state and national awards.
- Showcases the accomplishments of students, faculty, staff and community partners on Experiential Education Day.
- Manages Community Perception Study to assess our relationship with the Greater New Haven community.
What We Do
Our office supports students, faculty, and staff at the University and works in partnership with the Greater New Haven Region. The Academic Service-Learning Office