We hate to see you go! However, if you would like to cancel your membership please read the following cancellation policy. You may download or pick up a cancellation form at the Beckerman Center.
Email form to ChargerREC@newhaven.edu; return to Membership Services; or fax to 203-931-6022
- Any membership can be cancelled within seven (7) days from the activation date with a full refund. Beyond the 7 day cancelation policy, please see membership specific cancelation policies below.
- Members must provide written notice of cancelation to the Operations Coordinator via the ChargerREC Cancelation Form.
- Forms are available at the Welcome Desk or online at http://www.newhaven.edu/ChargerREC/357220/
- Forms may be submitted by either e-mailing the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com or submitted in person to the Welcome Desk.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the provided email address within five (5) business days of submitting the cancellation form notifying the Member of their official cancellation date.
- Any charges posted on the account during the cancellation process will be the responsibility of the Member.
- The cancellation process is dependent on membership and payment type. See specifics below
- Members are responsible for any current balances at time of cancellation
- Any exceptions to the cancellation policy must be authorized by the Director of Campus Recreation.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to make a judgment decision on any cancellation and/or refund scenarios not addressed in this policy.
- Lack of use does not subject a refund
- Membership refunds will not be given for Holiday/event closings, facility/ emergency closures, etc.
Faculty/ Staff Payroll Deduction
- Upon receiving the cancellation form, member will be assigned an official cancellation date and official cancellation form will be sent to the Business Office to end payroll deduction
- The exact end date of payroll deduction will be determined by the business office
- Faculty and staff ending their affiliation with the University of New Haven must cancel their membership upon leaving the University; otherwise they will be responsible for any charges on the account.
- Memberships that are three (3) months overdue will be terminated. All charges and balances will be the responsibility of the member.
- Membership dues will not be prorated. Members are responsible for the full payment of the membership billing cycle. (Repetitive Memberships are billed the second of the month for the current month, i.e. January 2nd covers all of January)
- Members who purchase an upfront membership, (1 month, 4 month, 12 month), are not eligible for early cancellation or refund
- Any faculty staff member that is no longer employed by the University, with the exception of retirees, will be provided a refund for the prorated portions of their unused membership
Guests and Day Use Passes
- Guest and Day-Use passes will be provided refunds only during emergency/unanticipated closures
- Any guest who violates any policy or procedure and has to be removed from the facility will not be given a refund
- Any rental can be cancelled within seven (7) days from the activation date with a full refund. Beyond the 7 day trial period, normal cancellation policy will be followed
- Written notification is required to process any cancellation. Lack of use or verbal conversations will not constitute as a cancellation
- Rentals that are three (3) months overdue will be terminated. The locker will be emptied at the expense of the member. All charges and balances will be on the responsibility of the member.