A current membership is required to utilize the David A. Beckerman Recreation Center.
Beckerman Recreation Center Membership
To activate or purchase a membership, please visit the Welcome Desk.
University of New Haven Student Memberships
During the academic year, current University of New Haven undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to activate their membership at no cost. During summer breaks, University of New Haven students must purchase a membership.
Faculty/Staff & Alumni Memberships
Current University of New Haven Faculty/Staff, Retirees, and Alumni are eligible to purchase a membership for a low monthly fee.
All active members of the Beckerman Recreation Center are eligible to sponsor individuals within their household (including significant others or dependents, 16 years and older) to be added as a Household Member.
What's IncludedAll Memberships Include:
- NO initiation or hidden fees!
- Access to 56,500 square feet of equipment, courts, and fitness spaces.
- Flexible payment options.(check, credit card, Charger Cash, and payroll deductions)
- Free daily lockers.
- Free towel service.
- Free equipment checkout.
- Access to rental lockers. (Additional fees required.)
- Access to all GroupX classes at no additional fee.
- Access to all RECSports (Intramural) programs and events at no additional fee.
- Access to all Premium Fitness Classes, (Additional fees required.)
- Access to Personal Training, (Additional fees required.)
- Access additional classes/programs offered throughout the year. (Additional fees required.)
Equipment & ProShop
The Pro Shop offers members the opportunity to purchase recreation equipment and toiletries. For more information or to purchase equipment please visit the Welcome Desk.
Equipment is available for check-out (with a valid University of New Haven ID) at no additional fee. For more information or to check-out equipment please visit the Welcome Desk.
Day Use Lockers
Day Use Lockers are available throughout the facility and locker rooms at no additional fee. Day Use Lockers allow members to securely store their belongings while working out. Belongings must be removed at the end of each day.
Locker Rentals are available to all members. Locker Rentals allow members to store their belongings securely overnight. To purchase a locker rental please visit the Welcome Desk.