As a small, private university, we can offer you a class size that seldom exceeds 35 students. This means you will get a great deal of individual attention from your instructors. They’ll quickly get to know you, your unique strengths, and any areas that need special focus.
Faculty and Resources
- Graduate and undergraduate classes are taught by full-time faculty or by highly qualified professionals who hold graduate degrees and bring their practitioner/industry expertise to the classroom.
- Full-time faculty are actively engaged in research and have produced extensive academic articles and other publications.
- The Department’s psychology laboratory contains facilities for the study of language, learning, memory, sensory, and social processes.
- Computer software skills enhance the study of statistics, experimental methods, and psychological measurements.
Awards and Recognition
- The UNH chapter of the national psychology honor society, Psi Chi, is open to the top 35 percent of students who are majors in the field.
- The McGough Prize is awarded annually to a graduating senior.