Sigma Tau Delta

Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society, celebrates the passion for language, literature, and creative writing.  Our chapter, Alpha Sigma Theta, was established in 2011 to recognize the outstanding work of our students and to foster opportunities for our majors to engage with one another, our faculty, and other chapters in the field of English studies.

Membership in the Honor Society is available to students who have met the following requirements:

• completed a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the freshman writing sequence
  • maintained a B average in English courses
  • have a GPA of a B or higher
  • have completed three semesters of college course work  

Sigma Tau Delta Students and Advisor posing for a group photo

As members, students have access to the many publication, conference, service, and internship opportunities offered by the national organization in addition to participating in the UNH chapter's activities.  Our chapter sponsors events such as film nights and readings of creative works and participates in service endeavors that draw attention to language, literature, and creative writing in our community and on our campus.  Members gain valuable experience with activity planning, have the opportunity to run for office in their second year of membership, and work closely with faculty sponsor Dr. Diane Russo to promote the organization's mission.

2015-2016 Officers:
Teresa Navarro- President
Angela (Cy) Tharp - Vice President
Lauren Roberts - Secretary
Kiera Terrell - Treasurer

If you are interested in applying for membership, please contact Dr. Diane Russo at DRusso@newhaven.edu.