Human Nutrition Admissions Requirements

Admission Policy

This program is most appropriate for registered dietitians and certain other licensed health professionals or for high school science teachers and/or others with undergraduate majors in chemistry or the biological sciences. Minimum admission requirements are a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited university, or equivalent, with an above-average undergraduate record including successfully completed coursework in introductory biochemistry and human anatomy and physiology.

International students requiring full-time status need to register for the Nutritional Genomics concentration. The requirements for MS in Human Nutrition with a Nutritional Genomics concentration for international applicants are:

1. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
  2. Minimum grade of “B” or better in Biochemistry  with a minimum of 3 credits 
  3. Minimum grade of “B” or better in Anatomy and Physiology with a minimum of 4 credits 
  4. Minimum TOEFL of 80 or IELTS of 6.5.  No conditional admission and no ELS level 112 certificates are acceptable
  5. Applicants who wish to become Registered Dietitians, must submit an International Credential Evaluation along with their foreign transcripts . Please click on this link provided by the American Dietetic Association for more details
  6. International students are accepted only in the Fall trimester with no winter or spring admissions

International applicants who meet all the above with the exception of items 2 & 3, will remain “in process” until they submit proof of meeting that requirement.