This program is most appropriate for registered dietitians and certain other licensed health professionals or for high school science teachers and/or others with undergraduate majors in chemistry or the biological sciences. Minimum admission requirements are a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited university, or equivalent, with an above-average undergraduate record including successfully completed coursework in introductory biochemistry and human anatomy and physiology.
International students requiring full-time status need to register for the Nutritional Genomics concentration. The requirements for MS in Human Nutrition with a Nutritional Genomics concentration for international applicants are:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Minimum grade of “B” or better in Biochemistry with a minimum of 3 credits
- Minimum grade of “B” or better in Anatomy and Physiology with a minimum of 4 credits
- Minimum TOEFL of 80 or IELTS of 6.5. No conditional admission and no ELS level 112 certificates are acceptable
- Applicants who wish to become Registered Dietitians, must submit an International Credential Evaluation along with their foreign transcripts . Please click on this link provided by the American Dietetic Association for more details
- International students are accepted only in the Fall trimester with no winter or spring admissions
International applicants who meet all the above with the exception of items 2 & 3, will remain “in process” until they submit proof of meeting that requirement.