Performance and Ensembles

Show us what you've got.

Ready for your chance in the spotlight?  UNH offers you multiple outlets for your musical and theatrical talent!  Want to start your own Jazz Age?  Feel the heart-thumping beat of African Drumming?  March to the beat of a different drummer altogether in the UNH Chargers Band?   On the other hand, maybe your voice is your instrument, and you’d rather act or sing. 

Well, you’ve come to the right place!

Here's where you can shine.

Let’s bring out the performer in you.  Just choose what appeals to you the most:

Chargers Marching Band 

The University of New Haven Marching Band is made up of students from almost every major on campus. The band performs at all home football games and at local area competitions as the guest exhibition band. The UNHMB is one of the fastest growing programs in the country!

Theater at UNH 

The UNH Theater program has a place for you, whether your passion is contemporary drama, classical comedy, song, costume design, student-produced work, set construction, administration, or anything and everything in between. With a variety of performances and projects throughout the year, the program balances both creative exploration and expression. For more information, visit the Theater Arts program page.

Jazz Ensembles

The Jazz Band is a standard "Big Band" available to students who play trumpet, trombone, saxophone, guitar, piano, bass and drum set. This ensemble performs in concerts and has many other playing opportunities throughout the year.   For more information, please contact Jason DeGroff.

Other Music Opportunities

Everything from African Drumming to Rock Bands and all things in between.  Explore your talents and interests with a wide variety of musical performance options!  Check us out at the Division of Performing Arts in Dodds 208.