The Math Zone

the Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall.
The Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall.

An Innovation in Learning Mathematics

The Math Zone provides a non-traditional education experience in mathematics that is targeted to each student's unique learning style. The Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall, and is a part of the Department of Mathematics. 

Math at your own pace.

The Math Zone uses "adaptive technology" to create an individualized educational experience where students learn at their own pace with the support of math instructors and tutors. The learning platform quickly understands (or adapts to) areas where students demonstrate mastery of topics and moves on to deliver precise instruction and support to subjects where a student is having difficulty.

Our goal is student success.

The faculty are there not only to answer the math questions students have, but to monitor student progress and to guide them in the mathematics learning process. Students have an opportunity to complete up to three courses in mathematics in a single semester, or move more slowly if they need the time to absorb new ideas.

The Math Zone is an innovation in mathematics education, merging e-learning technology with traditional teaching methods to enhance student success.

Important Details for Students to Know

If you are taking a math class run through the Math Zone, and have any questions regarding your class, please contact the Math Zone Coordinator.

A brief explanation of the learning environment you will encounter in the Math Zone can be found by navigating through our online documents:

Trefoil Knot
Throughout the Math Zone webpages, you will see this symbol (a trefoil knot) in the left column. To return to the Math Zone main page, simply click it.

Feedback

Mathematics Learning in the Math Zone is new to the University of New Haven in Fall 2013. After reading through this website, you may have questions or comments to share with us.

We welcome your feedback - please use this form to contact the Department of Mathematics. Thank you.

1. Hours of Operation

Located in North Hall (adjacent to Echlin Hall)

Mon. - Thurs.: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.