Division of Health Professions

University of New Haven Health Prof. & Sciences
Explore Our Academic Programs

Welcome to the Division of Health Professions

The Division of Health Professions includes the MS Human Nutrition , BS Nutrition and Dietetics,  AS Dental Hygiene, and BS Dental Hygiene programs.

The Division of Health Professions is home to science-based professional training programs in health care and combines a strong foundation in biological science with practical real-life field experience.

The dental hygiene program at UNH is one of the few in the country to offer both a three-year associates program or a four-year bachelors program. The two programs are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association and fully prepare students to practice as dental hygienists. Students receive faculty led tutorials in a variety of topics including anesthesia, pathology, radiology and pharmacology all in the state-of-the-art clinical and teaching facility equipped with the latest in modern dental technology. Internships around the state provide students with practical and professional experience in the dental field.

Nutrition and dietetic professionals are in great demand with many groups including consumers, athletes, institutions, private practice clients, chefs and food service managers. Nutrition and dietetics students receive a solid foundation in the science of food and nutrition while learning the importance of management and advanced practice. Dietetic students have the opportunity to work or volunteer outside the University at area hospitals, nursing home facilities and in schools in order to obtain diverse work experience. Graduates of the undergraduate or graduate nutrition and dietetics programs move on to become registered dietitians, food service managers, private practice dietitians and university faculty.

Faculty in the Division of Health Professions

Support Staff in the Division of Health Professions