Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies
Please see the following link for current job openings:
Spanish Speaking Family Support Advocate Position available - New Britain schools
The Spanish speaking Family Support Advocate (FSA) works under the supervision of the Facilitator of Family Resources and the Family Education Specialists to inform PK-12 parents and guardians about District opportunities for parent involvement.
- FSA must have the ability to communicate with population in their native language orally and in writing in Spanish
- Ability to understand oral and written English
- Ability to collaborate with adults
- Ability to motivate adult participation
- Ability to use telephone, e-mail, word processing software
- Have knowledge of the culture, language, and contacts of the community to be served
- *Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and experience participating in school or community activities.
15 hours per week with flexible schedule to meet needs of program and families served.
Kim Lawther Jackson
District Facilitator of Family Resources Consolidated School District of New Britain
Office of Family Education Services, Lincoln School
145 Steele Street, New Britain, CT 06052
fax: (860) 225-1638